start non-inprivate window RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

if you start IE, launch an "inprivate" session then close all non-inprivate windows, how do you re-launch IE without being in inprivate mode? As far as i can tell, because clicking the IE icon just shows you the inprivate windows, you have to close all IE windows to do this. Have i missed something?

rob
    Sunday, May 31, 2009 11:17 AM

Answers

• to launch a new instance of any program, Shift+Click or Middle-Click its button on taskbar, or click the program's name in its Jump List ;)

Regards,
    Kristaps.
    • Proposed as answer by Kristaps. _ Sunday, May 31, 2009 12:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by rob a 111 Sunday, May 31, 2009 8:35 PM
    Sunday, May 31, 2009 12:33 PM

All replies

• to launch a new instance of any program, Shift+Click or Middle-Click its button on taskbar, or click the program's name in its Jump List ;)

Regards,
    Kristaps.
    • Proposed as answer by Kristaps. _ Sunday, May 31, 2009 12:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by rob a 111 Sunday, May 31, 2009 8:35 PM
    Sunday, May 31, 2009 12:33 PM
  • mnbf9rca,

Unless you have checked the option 'Inprivate filtering', all new sessions will be normal. The menu option 'Inprivate Browsing' is only for that one session (window) of Internet Explorer. If you use the 'Inprivate Filtering' option, that will stick between sessions until turned off.
    Sunday, May 31, 2009 2:39 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Dwolters - i meant "InPrivate browsing" - if you launch it, then close any other IE windows (so leaving JUST the InPrivate window), it's not obvious how to launch another IE window that is NOT in the "InPrivate Browsing" session (i.e. how to launch a non-InPrivate session).

rob
    Sunday, May 31, 2009 8:37 PM
  • Thanks - yes, that does it. It does appear to be an oversight though - from an InPrivate Browsing session, you should be able to click Tools > Leave InPrivate to launch a regular IE window. How would i log this as a suggestion?
    Sunday, May 31, 2009 8:38 PM
  • mnbf9rca,

Well, that would most likely be a suggestion for Internet Explorer 8, not so much for Windows 7. However, here's the thread for comments.
    Sunday, May 31, 2009 9:48 PM
    Answerer