none
Office 365- Exchange On-Premises -3rd party appliance - Connector Flow

Question

• Hello,

I've got an Hybrid Exchange and a 3rd party cloud solution.

ALL Mailboxes are on O365

The Flow is working like:

-Send :  O365 --> Exchange On-Premises --> 3rd party --> Destination

-Receive: 3rd party --> On-Premises --> O365 Destionation

I want to change the Flow to: 

-Send: O365 --> 3rd part --> destination

-Receive/inbound: 3rd party --> o365 destination

I don't need to migrate more mailboxes, so.. If I disable hybrid connectors and make new one to point like:

-Send connector: All Flow to 3rd party cloud solution (instead to onpremises)

-Receive/inbound: None (Instead from onpremises)

-It Will work without problems or I need to create a inbound from 3rd party cloud solution?

-Will be any problem creating users and doind remotemailbox?(I think not since it's a sync attribute)

Really thanks,

Monday, May 14, 2018 3:04 PM

All replies

• What you describe should pretty much work.  You will need to create connectors.

Will it work without problems or do I need to create am inbound connector from 3rd party cloud solution?

You should create an inbound connector for the third-party cloud solution so that it's trusted.  If you don't, mail from that solution will be subjected to antispam filtering and mail from it may be marked as spam or rejected.

Will there be any problem creating users and remote mailboxes?  (I think not since it's a sync attribute.)

Creation of recipient objects doesn't have anything to do with mail flow.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 5:23 AM
  • Hi Xavier,

I'm just writing to check how's everything going? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 24, 2018 9:20 AM