Sharepoint 2007 change created date, modified date RRS feed

• Question

• We're using Sharepoint 2007 WSS, I've got a user who has a Document Workspace site.  The user wants to add discussions that they've been logging in Excel and they want to date them to the date they are using in Excel.  They want to modify the dates for these fields.

Created at 5/16/2011 11:41 AM  By Joe Blow  
    Last modified at 5/16/2011 11:51 AM  By Joe Blow

Questions:

1. Is there a specific table/column that can be modified to change these dates?

2. How do you locate the table that needs to be modified?

3. Is there a better/safer way to do this?

Thank you,

Art

Monday, May 16, 2011 8:31 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

These are system fields. You cannot edit them in browser-mode. I wouldn't even recommend to go near SQL database!

A short-term solution would be to create an additional Date column and record here from Excel.

Alternatively, you will need to code the solution by working with SPListItem Class - you can find more details in the link below.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.sharepoint.splistitem(v=office.12).aspx

hth,

Chirag Patel, MCTS
    Blog: techChirag.com
    Twitter: @techChirag
    • Proposed as answer by Sandip Patil Tuesday, May 17, 2011 12:11 PM
    • Marked as answer by Peng Lei Tuesday, May 24, 2011 7:54 AM
    Monday, May 16, 2011 9:58 PM
  • Hi Chirag,

Thanks for the reply.  I have a test environment I'm using to explore this possibility.  I'm willing to go into the sql system tables once I can determine which table and which column.  I've been examining the columns and tables but haven't been able to find a column with the specific datetime information of my record in Sharepoint.  This is how I hoped to identify the field that could be modified in sql.

I looked at the SPListItem class and will need to do more reading to understand how this is a possible solution.

Thanks

Art

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 12:01 PM
  • Columns you are looking is tp_Created, tp_Modified in AllUserData table.

Select * FROM  AllUserData
    WHERE     (tp_ListId = 'XXXXX') AND (tp_SiteId = 'XXX')

Tadas
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 7:59 PM