Printing RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit on both my laptop and desktop.  My internet and network connection on both is wireless using a Linksys WRT54 G2 Router.  I have engaged file and printer sharing in the "Network and Sharing Center"; I have also set up the "Home group" for printer and file sharing.

On my desktop, I have a printer Lexmark X1185; it is set to share using a USB port 001 virtual. On my laptop, it sees the printer on the desktop and prints to it, however in order to get the print job to print from the laptop, I have to reboot the desktop and whatever I sent from the laptop then prints. I have Lexmark's Latest Driver for my Printer Installed on Both Computers.

What, have I done wrong?    Can anyone help?

Ken Hill
    Saturday, April 10, 2010 1:03 PM

Answers

• This should be a driver issue. From the Lexmark download website we have found that there is no Windows 7 compatible driver.

Lexmark - United States

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

You may need to contact Lexmark support for more information regarding Windows 7 compatibility of there products.

Lexmark - ContactUs

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, May 7, 2010 5:07 AM
    Friday, May 7, 2010 4:09 AM