none
SharePoint List based Status Indicator - Unable to add any new in sP O365. Blank Page

Question

• Hello, 

I currently manage a SharePoint O365 environment, and an on-premise SharePoint 2013 environment.  

It was brought to my attention today that no one is able to add any new KPI Status Indicators on our O365 Environment. 

We are able to create a new "Web Part Page with Status List" from any Report Library. When selecting any option under "New", such as "SharePoint List based Status Indicator" under "Status List", it links me to the correct page, and shows the navigation, but the page itself is blank. 

This is also true with our existing indicator lists. If we navigate to any KPIListViewPage, and select "SharePoint List based Status Indicator", the page shows up as blank. 

This only is happening on our O365 environment, and is occurring on all site collections. Our on-premise environment is not having any issues. Additionally, I had a contact at another company test his O365 environment, and received the same issue.

Has anyone seen this before, or know how to remedy this issue? Thanks in advance for any help and/or direction!

Kind regards,

AlanInMichigan

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 8:24 PM

All replies

• Hi AlanInMichigan,

I can reproduce the same issue in my SharePoint online site.

It seems that the issue is caused by that SharePoint online is updating currently.

It may take time to wait for the completion of update and the issue would be resolved soon.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 21, 2016 7:31 AM
  • Hi All,

I am also trying to use Status Indicators in SharePoint Online but, similar to AlanInMichigan above, when I select any of the 4 Status Indicator options (see screen shot below) I get a blank page.

Does anyone know if this functionality will be repaired / brought back in the near future?

With many thanks,
    TechNetHelpRequired

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 7:33 PM
  • I am having this same issue with sharepoint online.
    Wednesday, August 17, 2016 8:29 PM
  • Hello All,

I`m using SharePoint online but having the same problem like AlanInMichigan. I would appreciate if anyone has alternate solution.

Regards,

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 5:59 PM
  • Same problem here and I have been trying the last two days...
    Tuesday, November 15, 2016 10:14 AM
  • Status Indicators have been discontinued from SharePoint Online.  They no longer are supported.  Microsoft have not removed the options or web parts from the SharePoint online environment.  There are alternatives methods within report libraries such as using Excel Services.
    Wednesday, February 15, 2017 12:33 PM