Fresh Install or Mirgration? RRS feed

• Question

• We have a small SCCM 2007 deployment just utilizing the one server. We use it pretty much strictly for FEP and Windows update management. Because of that we dont really have anything that needs to be migrated over. Our collections can be easily remade.

Having said that can I just do a fresh install of 2012 and take down my old 2007 server, or is it still necessary to migrate just because we already have the infrastructure in place with clients and what not. Actually clients are the only thing I am really concerned about, will I need to uninstall the old clients or will 2012 install the clients on top without issue?

Thursday, September 27, 2012 3:18 PM

Answers

• No, you don't have to do any of the migration. Just clean up the AD System Management container (assuming you extended AD and are publishing to it). I think if you do an uninstall of 2007 it will actually do this for you but there's no other benefit from doing a formal uninstall.

ccmsetup will automatically uninstall previous client versions before installing the latest version so no need to uninstall the clients.

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com

• Marked as answer by Sam Edson Thursday, September 27, 2012 3:44 PM
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 3:33 PM