none
How do I change the sign-in options on an hp laptop RRS feed

• Question

• I recently purchased an laptop for my mother. She has mobility issues and I wondered if  I could change the sign -in so that she does not have to sign in Ideally by passing the sign in and straight to desk top options. How do I do this if ata all a possibility/

Thursday, November 17, 2016 2:26 PM

All replies

• As in pc sign in or pc password (not windows).To alter pc settings,enter the BIOS,security tab/edit,save &

exit BIOS..If its a desktop pc & password/settings are not available,power-off pc,remove the MB battery for

10 minutes,reinstall battery,power up pc.On pc start,enter BIOS,reset date/time/etc as it resets to default,

this manipulation is from Intel...

Thursday, November 17, 2016 10:50 PM
  • Hi Milliebee,

According to your description, I suppose that you want the computer log on automatically at startup. If it is, we could follow the steps in the link below to check.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/377-log-automatically-startup.html

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 18, 2016 6:00 AM
  • Hi Milliebee,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved?
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Best regards,
    Carl

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 25, 2016 7:32 AM