SharePoint 2013 document library, permissions to upload and view shared document only RRS feed

• Question

• SharePoint 2013 document library I want to give access to client where they can upload and view their uploaded document and can see all documents shared with them.

I have managed to show all document shared with them only by deactivating a feature but now they can't upload any document, If I create a permission set to allow them to upload documents, they will see all other documents as well which are not shared with them.

Any suggestions?
    Tuesday, February 17, 2015 3:02 AM

Answers

• Hi Sharaqat, the best way to handle your situation is to have a separate library or site for the client. You could use item level permissions per Thilosh, but fine-grained permissions become a major headache. You could also use web parts and audience targeting, but that's not truly secure.

cameron rautmann

I am thinking to have a separate document library for client, where they can upload/view/edit etc, we will upload documents in a "secure" library with a column saying this is a private document or public document, if we mark a document public, a workflow will move that document to the client's document library. I don't think there would be a problem to move a document from 1 library to another in a workflow.

That's the easiest solution I have found so far.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 11:47 PM

All replies

• you can do in few ways

1) have a single view but restrict the documents at the item level(give item level permission for each document)automatically they ll be able to see only documents they have permission

2)Try "audience targeting " feature of the list view web part ,if you can leverage this feature to achieve the requirement.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 6:21 AM
  • Hi Sharaqat, the best way to handle your situation is to have a separate library or site for the client. You could use item level permissions per Thilosh, but fine-grained permissions become a major headache. You could also use web parts and audience targeting, but that's not truly secure.

cameron rautmann

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 5:00 PM

cameron rautmann

I am thinking to have a separate document library for client, where they can upload/view/edit etc, we will upload documents in a "secure" library with a column saying this is a private document or public document, if we mark a document public, a workflow will move that document to the client's document library. I don't think there would be a problem to move a document from 1 library to another in a workflow.

That's the easiest solution I have found so far.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 11:47 PM