Move C:\windows\SYSMSI\SSE\MSSQL.2005\MSSQL\Data to D RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

If you use Sql Server express edition, data file stored in application path, In fact your data file path is correct as you mentioned it.

OK

1- you can run this command for detach database:

sp_detach_db [Database Name]

2- copy mdf and ldf file from data file path (e.g C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web server extensions\12\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data) to any location of other drive.

3- attach database from new location:

sp_attach_db "database name", "path \ mdf file name.mdf"

• Marked as answer by Peng Lei Monday, May 16, 2011 2:48 AM
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 4:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As menthined in the link you forward, if you change sharepoint data from drive C to any location of hard, you should stop all services of sharepoint in mmc.

then detach all databases and copy mdf and ldf to other drive, at last attach from new location.

Now start services. Sharepoint is up.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 7:44 PM
  • The problem is I don't see those data in SQL Server Express Studio. In other words, in SQL Studio, I see the data in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web server extensions\12\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data, but not C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web server extensions\12\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data. I don't kow how to detach and attach them.
    Bob Lin, MVP, MCSE & CNE Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on

http://www.ChicagoTech.net

How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on

http://www.howtonetworking.com

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 12:27 AM
  • Hi,

If you use Sql Server express edition, data file stored in application path, In fact your data file path is correct as you mentioned it.

OK

1- you can run this command for detach database:

sp_detach_db [Database Name]

2- copy mdf and ldf file from data file path (e.g C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web server extensions\12\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data) to any location of other drive.

3- attach database from new location:

sp_attach_db "database name", "path \ mdf file name.mdf"

• Marked as answer by Peng Lei Monday, May 16, 2011 2:48 AM
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 4:32 AM