none
Error 920? RRS feed

• Question

• We are getting Error 920 in event log and all the resolutions I can find say uninstall DPM and re-install.  That seems a bit drastic?  Can I do that without losing all my config and backups?

Here is error:

The description for Event ID 920 from source MSDPM cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

DPM has failed to write events to the DPM Alerts event log. Either the DPM Alerts event log has been deleted or the permissions have been changed.  Uninstall DPM and then reinstall DPM to recreate the DPM Alerts event log.

Problem Details:

<EMIntegrationError><__System><ID>28</ID><Seq>362289</Seq><TimeCreated>5/24/2013 7:49:25 PM</TimeCreated><Source>EmIntegration.cs</Source><Line>715</Line><HasError>True</HasError></__System><ExceptionType>DlsException</ExceptionType><ExceptionMessage>exception</ExceptionMessage><ExceptionDetails>Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Utils.DlsException: exception ---&gt; System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The parameter is incorrect

at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.InternalWriteEvent(UInt32 eventID, UInt16 category, EventLogEntryType type, String[] strings, Byte[] rawData, String currentMachineName)

at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.WriteEvent(EventInstance instance, Byte[] data, Object[] values)

at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.WriteEvent(String source, EventInstance instance, Object[] values)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.HealthProvider.NewAlertHealthProvider.EMIntegration.Write(ServerAlert alert, AlertDbActions alertAction)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.HealthProvider.NewAlertHealthProvider.EMIntegration.Write(ServerAlert alert, AlertDbActions alertAction)

*** Mojito error was: EMIntegrationError; 0; None</ExceptionDetails></EMIntegrationError>

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

Thanks for any pointers.

Friday, May 24, 2013 8:00 PM