Installing to an iscsi target with MDT RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

So I am currently using iscsi targets as the system disk on many systems, right now we use standard install media to install to a new computer, but we would like to use MDT instead.

Currently it fails at the post install reboot, where the freshly installed system does not have enough information to bring the network up in time for the system to boot, this give an inaccessible boot device error on windows 10 (windows 7 doesn't give an error it just hard faults then reboots while loading disk.sys). it seems like the standard windows installer disc takes care of making sure these drivers can come active for the reboot step and I am lost in how to replicate this behavior in MDT.

The install logs report everything I tell it to do is working correctly, and by using MDT to install to a physical hard disk i have confirmed that the network drivers in my driver store are correct for the devices in question and are being brought up in time for the zero touch screen to pickup post reboot. 

Does anyone have any experience getting this working in this way?

Thanks 

• Edited by Tordre Friday, December 8, 2017 5:45 PM
    Friday, December 8, 2017 5:30 PM