NPS Event 6723 Code 8 RRS feed

• Question

• I receive this event twice in the NPAS event viewer:

Note:

1. User MararoD is in a security group granted access as a Condition in the Network Policy.
    2. Certificate has successfully been auto-enrolled to the above user and valid.
    3. PEAP is the Authentication Method.

I've posted this question 3 times and still no help.

So, please, anyone, HELP!!

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 1:35 PM

Answers

• Hi dmwaigi,

1. Have you ever used this account to pass authenticate successfully?

2. Is the NPS server registered in DC?

3. If the NPS server is registered in the DC, then check if the network connection is well between DC and NPS server.

4. What is the detailed configurations of your deployment?

When we use PEAP to authenticate, we need to install certificate both on client and NPS server. Check if you have installed the certificate in Personal(Local computer), and stored the root certificate in "trusted root certificate":

Additional reference:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc735399(v=ws.10).aspx

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 6:50 AM

All replies

• Hi dmwaigi,

1. Have you ever used this account to pass authenticate successfully?

2. Is the NPS server registered in DC?

3. If the NPS server is registered in the DC, then check if the network connection is well between DC and NPS server.

4. What is the detailed configurations of your deployment?

When we use PEAP to authenticate, we need to install certificate both on client and NPS server. Check if you have installed the certificate in Personal(Local computer), and stored the root certificate in "trusted root certificate":

Additional reference:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc735399(v=ws.10).aspx

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 6:50 AM
  • Hi Anne,

1. I have used this account to pass authentication, plus its has admin rights.
    2. 2. I registered the NPS server on the DC (option to register is inactive means that it is registered, right?). IS it possible to re-register?
    3. NPS and DC are one.
    4. Which certificates need to be installed on both the DC and client? (user, computer e.t.c)
    5. Is it possible to COMPLETELY uninstall NPS and start afresh?

Monday, June 6, 2016 9:38 AM
  • Any help?
    Monday, June 13, 2016 1:05 PM