RD Web Access to Virtualized RD session host RRS feed

• Question

• hi all,

I need some advice in deploying RDS solution for our organization. What I want to know is that: is it possible to publish RemoteApp thru web access, from a RD session host that is on the virtual machine created by hyper V? The concrete scenario is that:

I have a hyper V host partition, and 2 guest partitions running RD session host. The guest OS and host OS are binded by internal virtual network. so the guest OS do not have physical NIC binded to. In this case, can I for example setup a RD Web access survey on host OS and publish remote apps from the guest OS. if so, what do I need to achieve this?

thank you very much for kind assistance.

regards

taoz

Thursday, October 28, 2010 7:09 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Taoz, I do this all the time. You just install RD Web access (I assume we are talking about R2 here) and point RD Web access to those two servers which are inside the VM. And it just works.
    PubForum.net Founder, The Bible of Remote Desktop Services! Love Microsoft &its people to bits!
    Friday, October 29, 2010 9:40 AM
  • Hi Alex,

thanks for the reply. It is very reassuring. I will give a shot on test machines once I get hands on them. Do I in this case need a RD session broker? (all servers are running R2).

will post my results if anyone needs.

cheers all.

taoz

Monday, November 1, 2010 5:42 AM
  • Hi Alex,

Can you describe in detail how you did it all the time? When I try to add the RD web access server to the RD session host's RD web access computers groups, I cannot get the computer object type, only "Built-in security principals" and "users" are available to me. I suspect that because the virtualized RD session host is not member of AD domain, I dont see the RD web access server which is a domain computer. Is this the reason? Anyway how can I solve this?

thank you very much.

Monday, November 1, 2010 10:58 AM
  • Hi, yes indeed you need to have that Server in the AD and then in the

TS Web Access Computers

group.

PubForum.net Founder, The Bible of Remote Desktop Services! Love Microsoft &its people to bits!
    Monday, November 1, 2010 11:06 AM
  • Hi again,

the point that I need the virtualized session host server in internal virtual network is that the virtualized RD host can access host partitions disk thru internal virtual switch (10 Gbps I blieve) instead of usual external ethernet. 

can you suggest a way to achieve this and get TS web access to virtualized session host at the same time?

Monday, November 1, 2010 11:22 AM
  • Hi,

although the thread is marked as Answered, no one actually has provided any useful answer to my question. for MVP moderators, if you dont have a solution, you might as well give us a clear and frank answer, and maybe forward our questions to the dev team at microsoft.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010 10:09 AM