Not Able to Configure Monitoring Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All Expert's

I am new to Performance Point and trying to configure monitoring server in 2003 Server OS. I followed the document to install monitoring server and did the same but on the very last steps I am getting following error :

Error 1: Access to the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office PerformancePoint Server 2007\Monitoring Central.url' is denied.

Previously there was Monitoring server configured, I uninstall the existing one and tried to install a frash configuration as when I tried to create a data source from Dashboard Designer, I was getting an error "Unable to connect specified server. Pls check the server name is correct". But now I am not able to configure monitor server. Pls help me to get rid from both the error. I am not getting proper place to post this query so I am posting this here.

Thanks You!

Nipendra Garg

Saturday, May 8, 2010 1:23 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello All Expert's

I am new to Performance Point and trying to configure monitoring server in 2003 Server OS. I followed the document to install monitoring server and did the same but on the very last steps I am getting following error :

Error 1: Access to the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office PerformancePoint Server 2007\Monitoring Central.url' is denied.

Previously there was Monitoring server configured, I uninstall the existing one and tried to install a frash configuration as when I tried to create a data source from Dashboard Designer, I was getting an error "Unable to connect specified server. Pls check the server name is correct". But now I am not able to configure monitor server. Pls help me to get rid from both the error. I am not getting proper place to post this query so I am posting this here.

Thanks You!

Nipendra Garg

Saturday, May 8, 2010 1:17 AM
  • Nipendra, if this helps:

Always run Dashboard Designer from http://<hostname>:<port>/Central which is where the Monitoring Central site is located. You are required to authenticate yourself by logging into Central and run DD from there. The 'Unable to connect to specified server...' error often comes when DD tries to connect to the PmWebService without valid credentials.

As to your new error, delete the folder C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office PerformancePoint Server 2007\ and try reinstalling.

Monday, May 10, 2010 5:46 AM
  • Couple of more things you can check:

Did you change the machine name? or is Sharepoint working fine?

Try this link to completely remove PerformancePoint 2007 and then reinstall:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941749

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 7:13 AM