Upgrade to Vista Ultimate RRS feed

• Question

• I have just upgraded from Vista Premium to Vista Ultimate and lost the sound as well as the access to several pre-installed packages  [Adobe Premiere 3 and Intervideo]. The laptop is the Sony Vaio FE41Z and the sound card driver was Sigma Tel. Neither the original, nor the updated offering from the Vaio-Link web side works. Is there anyone up there with similar experience, or a solution perhaps. I have reformated the disk and installed clean Vista Ultimate, Installed Ultimate on top of Premium with original drivers, installed updated Ultimate and updated Vaio drivers, installed Sigma Tel updated drivers etc.  On top of everything, after buing the electronic version of Ultimate upgrade, after 3 days the update licence link has expired and the download locker doesn't open to allow any further Ultimate upgrade re-installations. Frankly, from what I have seen, I wouldn't recommend this upgrade to anyone using the Vaio laptop. If you have to upgrade to get access an to office network, go for Business version of Vista. 

Friday, May 11, 2007 8:53 PM