none
How to create a limit of internal e-mail exchanged between user on Exchange 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I would like to create a limit (15) of internal e-mails sent during a day between some users on the office (on my domain), so if someone send internally 15 e-mails on a morning, on the afternoon he will not be able to send more mails, if possible I also would like to show a error message after the 15th mail.

I'm using Exchange 2003.

Looking forward for an anwser.

Thank You.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 6:55 PM

Answers

• But is that possible on 2010? do you an article to propose for this subject?

Thank You for the quick reply.

I believe that you can do something like that with a throttling policy:

New-ThrottlingPolicy -Name LimitMessagesSent -RecipientRateLimit XX

Then apply the policy to the selected users. Once they've sent e-mail to "XX" recipients in a day any further messages will remain in their Outbox. NOTE: This is a recipient limit, not a message limit.

I haven't tried this (I've had no occasion to do so). I do know that Office 365 imposes a 1500 recipient per day limit (or at least they used to) and I suspect this is how they accomplish that.

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

• Marked as answer by andre.mattos Monday, July 8, 2013 2:36 PM
    Friday, July 5, 2013 2:47 AM

All replies

• Hi everyone,

I would like to create a limit (15) of internal e-mails sent during a day between some users on the office (on my domain), so if someone send internally 15 e-mails on a morning, on the afternoon he will not be able to send more mails, if possible I also would like to show a error message after the 15th mail.

The Exchange is the version 2003.

Looking forward for an anwser.

Thank You.

There's no way I know of to do that with Exchange 2003.

• Proposed as answer by Juke Chou Thursday, July 4, 2013 9:42 AM
    Wednesday, July 3, 2013 9:40 PM

Thursday, July 4, 2013 12:02 PM

I believe that you can do something like that with a throttling policy:

New-ThrottlingPolicy -Name LimitMessagesSent -RecipientRateLimit XX

Then apply the policy to the selected users. Once they've sent e-mail to "XX" recipients in a day any further messages will remain in their Outbox. NOTE: This is a recipient limit, not a message limit.

I haven't tried this (I've had no occasion to do so). I do know that Office 365 imposes a 1500 recipient per day limit (or at least they used to) and I suspect this is how they accomplish that.

• Marked as answer by andre.mattos Monday, July 8, 2013 2:36 PM
    Friday, July 5, 2013 2:47 AM