none
How to prevent the auto-calculation of the '% Complete' field in MS Project Professional 2013? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

'% Complete' is auto-calculated in MS Project Professional 2013. If I update '% Complete' for a task in SharePoint to 75% and then if I open the task list in MS Project Professional 2013, then the '% Complete'  is auto-calculated to 99% which is different than the one in SharePoint ie 75%. 

How to prevent the auto-calculation of the '% Complete' field in MS Project Professional 2013? 

Please provide solution for this issue ASAP.

Your reply will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Friday, February 6, 2015 5:20 AM

All replies

• When you say you update  % Complete in Sharepoint, do you mean in Project Server?

and don't you want them to simply be the same rather than preventing the calculation/input to MSP?

Friday, February 6, 2015 5:50 AM
  • I update '% Complete' field in SharePoint 2013 for a particular task in a Tasks List & then open the tasks list in MS Project Professional 2013. I want the '% Complete' field value to be the same in SharePoint 2013 & MS Project Professional 2013 for a given task.

However the '% Complete' column value is coming different in MS Project Professional 2013 due to the auto-calculation of the '% Complete' field. So I want to prevent the auto-calculation so that the  '% Complete' field value will be the same in SharePoint 2013 & MS Project Professional 2013. 

Please provide resolution to this issue.

Friday, February 6, 2015 6:15 AM
  • Hi,

You cannot prevent the calculation in Project.

Let's look at the underlying cause.

99% sounds like a summary task with all subtasks except milestone(s) at 100%.

Is that the case? Then when all subtasks are complete how can a summary task be only at 75%

If the case is different please explain.

Greetings,

Friday, February 6, 2015 10:55 AM