What happened to Hibernate RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I notice that sometimes hibernate is listed when I attempt to shutdown Vista, and on some machines, it is not. The hibernation file cleaner has not been removed under disk cleanup on any of these machines. When you attempt to shutdown the machine it gives only these options: Switch user, log off, restart, Sleep, shutdown. On my other vista machine  hibernate is listed in between Sleep and Shutdown. How can I post hibernate back onto this list?

Thanks

Monday, April 23, 2007 10:16 PM

Answers

• Follow these simple instructions:

• Go to Start>> Programs>> Accessories.
    • Right click the Command Prompt.
    • Select Run as administrator from the resulting menu.
    • Type the following command: "powercfg -h on " without quotes and then press Enter

Now you restored your hibernation files back.

Good luck

Friday, May 4, 2007 7:00 AM

All replies

• As I understand this issue various OEMs are doing this differently.  Hibernate was replaced in favor of the new hybrid sleep in most cases, you can change what shows on the start menu shutdown options by going to Power Options then Change Advanced Power Options and the window that opens contains the various sleep, hybrid sleep, and hibernate options including what the buttons on the start menu do when used.

More info here if the above doesn't answer your issue:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b929658
    Thursday, May 3, 2007 11:39 PM
  • Follow these simple instructions:

• Go to Start>> Programs>> Accessories.
    • Right click the Command Prompt.
    • Select Run as administrator from the resulting menu.
    • Type the following command: "powercfg -h on " without quotes and then press Enter

Now you restored your hibernation files back.

Good luck

Friday, May 4, 2007 7:00 AM