Windows 10 Deployment stops at login RRS feed

• Question

• I created a new task sequence for a Windows 10 deployment and it stops at the login screen every time.  My Windows 7 tasks work as expected when deployed. In order to complete the deployment for my Windows 10 image,  I need to login as the local admin and the deployment continues from there and finishes without error.   The laptop has already joined my domain at this point in the deployment process, if that means anything. I am sure I am missing something simple for this task but I have yet to find it.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Craig

• Edited by Craiger8868 Friday, September 11, 2015 9:14 PM
    Friday, September 11, 2015 8:03 PM

All replies

• Retail image or custom image?  Upgrade or standard task sequence?

Most important details are logs. If you are unsure how to post logs or where to find them then reference https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/

Friday, September 11, 2015 11:33 PM
  • Try to set a password for the local administrator as part of the task sequence creation wizard.

I have the same problem with Windows 8.1.

Kind Regards

Per Larsen

Saturday, September 12, 2015 9:42 AM
  • standard task sequence with a custom image.  My Windows 7 images done the same way do have this issue.  There is no error in the logs since the deployment continues once I login as the local admin and finishes successfully.  I will try a new task sequence and include the password...I thought I did that but not sure.

thanks

Saturday, September 12, 2015 5:16 PM
  • check bdd.log file , it may be waiting some process to get complete.

Regards, Shishir Kushawaha "If this thread answered your question, please click on "Mark as Answer"

Monday, September 14, 2015 8:11 AM
  • Really I should add this to the FAQ.

Most common cause here is that your custom install.wim file has not been properly syspreped.

Crack open the install.wim file and check the c:\windows\system32\sysprep\panther logs and *verify* that Sysprep completed successfully.

• If Sysprep didn't complete, then it won't parse the Unattend.xml file
    • If the Unattend.xml file isn't parsed, then it won't launch litetouch.wsf during OOBE.
    • If Litetouch.wsf isn't launched during OOBE, then it won't set the AutoAdminLogon information.
    • If the AutoAdminLogon information isn't set then it won't continue after setup.

-k

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Monday, September 14, 2015 5:17 PM
  • I am syspreping again today and using a different user to login as an admin.  Like I said in my original post, even though it stops and I have to manually login, when I do, it continues the deployment and finishes without error.  If this doesn't work, I will check the logs and see if that sheds light on this issue.  Thanks for the response.  I have been working to resolve this now for a few weeks....All my Windows 7 images, following the same exact process, work as expected. :)

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 5:00 PM