Unable to renew self signed certificate RRS feed

• Question

• I have 2 sbs 2011 servers who's self signed certificates which have expired. I've run the fix my network wizard which spots the certificate has expired and successfully claims to have fixed the issue, but when I look it the properties in the network tab it's still expired. I know I can run the Internet name wizard and that has done it before but that also changes the recipient policies in exchange back to defaults forgetting anything that was set before which I want to avoid if at all possible. Any pointers ?..... Dave
    Monday, April 8, 2013 6:28 PM

Answers

• I thought .... Have done this before I believe on a self signed certificate after expiration. Maybe will just take the plunge and get a new certificate from the Internet name wizard and just screen grab my recipient policy setup unless there is a way to export , import the recipient policies in exchange ???
    • Proposed as answer by IbanezWiz Monday, April 8, 2013 9:41 PM
    • Marked as answer by 朱鸿文 Thursday, April 11, 2013 2:44 AM
    Monday, April 8, 2013 9:29 PM

All replies

• Hmm. I don't think you can renew a certificate after it has expired. I think you have to go with a new one.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc725583.aspx

/kj
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, April 8, 2013 7:54 PM
  • I thought .... Have done this before I believe on a self signed certificate after expiration. Maybe will just take the plunge and get a new certificate from the Internet name wizard and just screen grab my recipient policy setup unless there is a way to export , import the recipient policies in exchange ???
    • Proposed as answer by IbanezWiz Monday, April 8, 2013 9:41 PM
    • Marked as answer by 朱鸿文 Thursday, April 11, 2013 2:44 AM
    Monday, April 8, 2013 9:29 PM