How to make auto start/stop during windows host start/shutdown RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am looking for the solution to gracefully shutdown one of the existing service/process before the windows shutdown event being triggered.

The issue is whenever i call the batch file(which invokes the shutdown of the VirtualBoxManager.exe) during shutdown event, it kills the process and this results the state of the VM will become Abort.

However we would like to shutdown the running process (and it will take upto 10-30 seconds) before actually invoke the windows shutdown.

is there way to execute the script (to perform graceful shutdown of VM) and delay the windows shutdown event for a while and invoke the window shutdown next.

Kindly advise.

Thanks & Regards

Saravanan

Thursday, April 25, 2019 7:29 AM

All replies

• You will have to ask questions about VirtualBoxManager operations in the VBM forum.  This is not a VBM forum or a support desk for your application.  This is an admin scripting forum for Microsoft products.

This Forum is for   Scripting   Questions Rather than script requests

How to ask   questions in a technical forum

\_(ツ)_/

Thursday, April 25, 2019 7:52 AM
  • Sorry for the misunderstanding.

The solution I am looking for is how to control the flow of shutdown event using batch/poweshell script. Because it is very similar to the situation where the user triggers the shutdown event without properly close the service (which is running and need to be closed properly, the service is like outlook or any other programs for example).

In this case, I write the batch to shutdown the service and invoke through Shutdown Event/Scheduled Task and delay the shutdown for a while and invoke/trigger shutdown.

Hope this clarifies. looking forward your support.

Thanks & Regards

Saravanan

Thursday, April 25, 2019 9:22 AM
  • If you delay the shutdown then the services and processes will not stop until you resume the shutdown.

You need to work with the vendor to resolve this issue as it is a configuration issue for the service that you are using.  The service is not a Microsoft component.,  Only the vendor can help you.

\_(ツ)_/

Thursday, April 25, 2019 11:13 AM