Offer Remote Assistance RRS feed

• Question

• We have predominately Windows XP and Windows 7 clients on our Domain. I'm trying to setup Remote Assistance and its hit or miss from Win7 to XP, I don't expect XP to offer to Win 7 but it should work the other way. For example my WIn 7 clients can offer assitance using %windir%\system32\msra.exe /offerra to each other just find but its hit or miss when it comes to Win XP. The firewall is controlled via polcy across the domain so that is the same on every client. I have a Win XP client that when I offer remote assitance to it I get the error, "Your offer to help could not be completed. Either Remote Assitance is unable to find the remote computer or you do not have permissions to connect blah blah blah." I have policy set to create the local Offer Remote Assitance Helpers group and populate it with Domain Users group. I can even send an invitation from the XP to the Win 7 client and that works. Its almost as if there are 2 different versions or compatability issues?? Any ideas?? Also, I can offer assitance via SCCM and that works everytime, so the problem seems isolated to Windows 7 %windir%\system32\msra.exe /offerra.

Event viewer:

There was a problem interacting with COM object 833E4010-AFF7-4AC3-AAC2-9F24C1457BCE. An outdated version might be installed, or the component might not be installed at all.

So how do I fix this across the domain?

Sorry guys, this was a firewall issue, someone limited the 135 scope to a specific scope, sorry to bother :-(

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 3:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I would like to confirm if the issue is resolved? If there is no further questions regarding this issue, we will close the thread.

Regards,

Simida

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Tuesday, January 11, 2011 3:30 AM
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 8:39 AM
  • yes, please close the thread
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 2:52 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I would like to confirm if the issue is resolved? If there is no further questions regarding this issue, we will close the thread.

Regards,

Simida

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 8:39 AM
  • yes, please close the thread
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 2:52 PM