The Publish Workflow is in "in progress" status for specific item (document) after all the tasks are completed. RRS feed

• Question

• I run into an issue with my publishing workflow. One of the documents were sent for approval and be published but for some reason is still "in progress" status, even when all the approval tasks were completed. In top of that it still sends reminders to the last user John. The very same workflow works just fine for other documents. It is only this. Please see the below screenshot:

Is there any way (via Powershell maybe?), to "push" the workflow to complete and update the status? I would like to avoid to be sent for approval again.

Thank you for your time.

Kirk

Monday, October 24, 2016 6:18 AM

Answers

• Hi Kirk,

For troubleshooting this issue, I need to verify the things below with you:

1. Have you enabled “Require documents to be checked out before they can be edited” option? If yes, please check out the document then run the workflow.

2. Compare properties of this document with other documents.

3. Upload a simple document to the Documents library, and run the workflow.

4. Does this issue still occurs if re-starting the workflow on this document?

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Kiri V Thursday, October 24, 2019 12:46 PM
    Wednesday, October 26, 2016 1:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Kirk- is this an OOTB or customized workflow?

cameron rautmann

Monday, October 24, 2016 12:45 PM
  • It is a copy of the OOTB with revised email messages. I did not "fool around" with the logic.
    Monday, October 24, 2016 1:36 PM
  • Then you need a step so that if tasks are completed, then set the status to complete. See the following link for an example:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/93e62311-c94c-48bd-9f4a-7f212cbc733b/all-workflow-tasks-are-complete-but-workflow-still-designated-as-in-progress?forum=sharepointgenerallegacy

cameron rautmann

Monday, October 24, 2016 1:46 PM
  • Cameron,

I have that step already. As I said, the other documents using the same workflow have completed successfully. It is only this one that is "stacked".

Monday, October 24, 2016 2:10 PM
  • Hi Kirk,

For troubleshooting this issue, I need to verify the things below with you:

1. Have you enabled “Require documents to be checked out before they can be edited” option? If yes, please check out the document then run the workflow.

2. Compare properties of this document with other documents.

3. Upload a simple document to the Documents library, and run the workflow.

4. Does this issue still occurs if re-starting the workflow on this document?

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Kiri V Thursday, October 24, 2019 12:46 PM
    Wednesday, October 26, 2016 1:49 AM