outlook auto rehome config problem RRS feed

• Question

• dear all,

after i move some mailbox to new server, outlook cannot auto rehome the config...need to rehome the config manually,

any setting need to config in old server?

please help...

Saturday, December 27, 2008 4:44 AM

Answers

• thanks for supports, after some hours(4hrs or more) to sync, ouklook can autoconfig now!! thnks all.
    • Marked as answer by Elvis Wei Thursday, January 22, 2009 2:11 AM
    Monday, January 12, 2009 2:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If you by rehome mean move the mailbox - outlook should autoconfigure itself to the new server.

This might take a while - how long did you wait after the move mailbox (maybe 30 min)??

Leif
    Saturday, December 27, 2008 8:47 PM
  • i wait about 2.5 hours, but outlook still no autoconfigure to new server....
    Sunday, December 28, 2008 3:16 AM
  • Hi,

And you are sure that Outlook is completely closed and restarted?

Leif
    Sunday, December 28, 2008 9:37 AM
  • hi,

i'm sure, because i have restart the pc sometimes...
    Sunday, December 28, 2008 9:40 AM
  • Have seen this once, somehow the AV software running on PC interferred with Outlook and blocked the redirection to new server. Stoped the AV and everything started to work.

larsp at avanade dot com, http://anewmessagehasarrived.blogspot.com
    Monday, December 29, 2008 9:47 PM
  • Check your autodiscover configuration, lets take a look at what it is sending to the client workstation. 

1. Open Outlook on the client workstation
    2. Hold down CTRL and right click the Outlook symbol in system tray, you should see "Test E-Mail Autoconfiguration"
    3. Click the XML tab, verify autodiscover is giving you the information.
    If you get any errors start trouble shooting, a common one is the autodiscover service doesnt have Authenticated Users with read NTFS permissions  associated to it on the client access server.  Open up IIS , Find the autodiscover folder, ensure permissions are correct.  If you get us any diagnostic information from the above, please post to help us diagnose further.

Good luck.

Clint Boessen MCSE, MCITP: Messaging http://www.l7.com.au/
    • Proposed as answer by Clint Boessen Thursday, February 19, 2009 8:33 AM
    Tuesday, December 30, 2008 7:46 AM
  • thanks for supports, after some hours(4hrs or more) to sync, ouklook can autoconfig now!! thnks all.
    • Marked as answer by Elvis Wei Thursday, January 22, 2009 2:11 AM
    Monday, January 12, 2009 2:18 AM