none
I can’t see Department field- if I open all my resources from the Resource Center RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    Why can’t I see department field - if I open all my resources from the Resource Center?
    I am unable to see department field on project professional 2013 file, but the other custom fields created at resource level are visible and editable in project pro file,
    Thanks

• Edited by mafab Wednesday, June 10, 2015 6:31 AM
    Wednesday, June 10, 2015 6:25 AM

Answers

• Hi Mafab,

As Guillaume correctly mentioned you can use the bulk edit option to update the resource department field from the resource center.

In addition to above, another option is you can also Open the selected resources from resource center in Microsoft Project Professional to edit their properties, including those not available in Project Web App. You can also add new Enterprise resources

To see resource department for a resources in the project in MS Project, you can switch to resource center view and add the "Resource Department" field. Refer below screengrab

Hope this helps you.

Badal Ratra MCTS

• Marked as answer by mafab Sunday, June 14, 2015 1:16 PM
    Wednesday, June 10, 2015 11:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Mafab,

Are you  referring to the "Resource Department" Field or the custom field?

Can you see the resource department field in MS Project or anywhere else in the Project Details Pages (PDP) in Project Web App?

I reckon field need to be added in the resource center view? Which view currently accessing in the Resource Center?

Assuming you have administrator rights, check the department fields you are looking for is available under Enterprise Custom Fields and Lookup Tables under Server Settings option then  add the field in the resource center view.

Is any other user able to see the department field in MS Project?

Hope this helps you.

Badal Ratra MCTS

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 6:55 AM
  • Hi Mafab and Badal,

As far as I can remember, the resource department is not available in Project Pro while extracting the resources from the resource center. It is only accessible in the resource center and server settings/maange users. Note that the resource department can be bulk edited from the resource center.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 7:09 AM
  • Hi Mafab,

As Guillaume correctly mentioned you can use the bulk edit option to update the resource department field from the resource center.

In addition to above, another option is you can also Open the selected resources from resource center in Microsoft Project Professional to edit their properties, including those not available in Project Web App. You can also add new Enterprise resources

To see resource department for a resources in the project in MS Project, you can switch to resource center view and add the "Resource Department" field. Refer below screengrab

Hope this helps you.

Badal Ratra MCTS

• Marked as answer by mafab Sunday, June 14, 2015 1:16 PM
    Wednesday, June 10, 2015 11:42 PM
  • Hi Badal/GR,
    Its cool, actually in resource pool, the Department is shown as Resource Department (Enterprise),
    So what we need to look down further in R series, I got it now,
    Appreciate- got more excitement,
    Many thanks dear

Sunday, June 14, 2015 1:16 PM