none
Not sure what is wrong! PLEASE HELP RRS feed

• Question

• I recently had a windows update and a day or two after the update the computer made a really werid noise and cut off. When I restarted it, I was able to log it but it wouldn't go pass the welcome loading screen, the only way I could get pass it was by hitting ctrl+alt=dlt and start the task manager. Which might not have the best thing to do but I had to try to get in and figure out what was going on. I ran a complete virus check and everything checked out. I am able to use Internet Explorer, games, Itunes and Windows Media Player, but the another applications such as adobe reader and and microsoft applications won't load. I keep getting an error box that says
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\MSWorks.exe
    The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more details.

But when I try to go to the event log 1.) I can't find it (did i mention that i don't know what I'm doing) 2.) i tried to look up the event viewer but when it comes up there is another error box that states:
    MMC could not create the snap-in. The snap-in might not have been instatelled correctly.

Any ideas??
    Please Help!!!

Saturday, June 27, 2009 3:59 AM