Event ID: 1034 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

we are using windows 2003 based cluster for SQL server 2005, we had just moved complete cluster setup from one location to another location physically. Now after connectING cluster nodes with storage from new location, Node 2 is working fine and resources are online, but on node 1 cluster drives are not visible in Disk Management and Signature  Hive on the second node1 is empty. I tried to enter the signature entry manually, Than i reboot the system, and any entries are gone again. Will this be a Quorum Problem ?. 

Thanks

Gurdeep Singh

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: ClusSvc
    Event Category: Physical Disk Resource
    Event ID: 1034
    Date: 10/6/2008
    Time: 1:30:35 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: Node1
    Description:
    The disk associated with cluster disk resource 'Disk N: Strg4' could not be
    found. The expected signature of the disk was xxxxxxx. If the disk was
    removed from the server cluster, the resource should be deleted. If the disk
    was replaced, the resource must be deleted and created again in order to
    bring the disk online. If the disk has not been removed or replaced, it may
    be inaccessible at this time because it is reserved by another server cluster
    node.

Saturday, October 29, 2011 6:43 PM

Answers

• Yes, it will be a problem if your signature key remains empty...assuming you mean the HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\ClusDisk\Parameters\Signatures key.

I'd recommend that you stop cluster service on Node 2 and then disable clusdisk driver on Node 1 and reboot. Confirm that Node 1 has connectivity to the disks and assign drive letters if needed. You might even consider confirming the disk signatures at this point. Once you have confirmed this, re-enable clusdisk and reboot again (leaving Node 2 cluster service down). When it comes up, I would try starting cluster service on Node 1 to see if it is able to form the cluster. If it isn't, look into the cluster.log for reasons why. If it does form a cluster, have Node 2 join and test failover.

Hope this helps.

Visit my blog about multi-site clustering - http://msmvps.com/blogs/jtoner
    • Proposed as answer by JohnToner Monday, October 31, 2011 2:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by Vincent Hu Tuesday, November 1, 2011 3:39 PM
    Monday, October 31, 2011 2:32 AM

All replies

• Yes, it will be a problem if your signature key remains empty...assuming you mean the HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\ClusDisk\Parameters\Signatures key.

I'd recommend that you stop cluster service on Node 2 and then disable clusdisk driver on Node 1 and reboot. Confirm that Node 1 has connectivity to the disks and assign drive letters if needed. You might even consider confirming the disk signatures at this point. Once you have confirmed this, re-enable clusdisk and reboot again (leaving Node 2 cluster service down). When it comes up, I would try starting cluster service on Node 1 to see if it is able to form the cluster. If it isn't, look into the cluster.log for reasons why. If it does form a cluster, have Node 2 join and test failover.

Hope this helps.

Visit my blog about multi-site clustering - http://msmvps.com/blogs/jtoner
    • Proposed as answer by JohnToner Monday, October 31, 2011 2:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by Vincent Hu Tuesday, November 1, 2011 3:39 PM
    Monday, October 31, 2011 2:32 AM
  • Hi John,

I will check and update you.

Monday, October 31, 2011 3:23 PM