Please Help! Managed to delete a page column, now it is error on every page on the site RRS feed

• Question

• I was at "Site Actions - Site Settings - Modify Pages Library Settings". I tried to hide the Description column, as I did not want this to appear on all pages on my site. Now I have managed to delete this column. I have managed to add a column with the same name and settings, but it does not seem that solves the problem. Now I get an error on every page on the site. Is there any way to fix this, without losing a couple of weeks work?

If I have explained badly, please dont hesitate to ask for more details!

Please help, I am desperate!

Edit: It is a parentsite of my site, and this is not touched by my mistake. Any possibility to use something from that site to fix my site?

• Edited by Tore Olav Friday, July 27, 2012 10:24 AM
    Friday, July 27, 2012 9:58 AM

Answers

• Hi,  thanks for replying.

I have gotten the Site Administrator to restore backup, so now I am up and running again.

But thanks for the help anyway! 

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Tuesday, July 31, 2012 11:07 AM
    Tuesday, July 31, 2012 9:41 AM

All replies

• Hi Tore,

Sorry for the delay. I'm trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
    Emir Liu
    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Emir Liu

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 5:48 AM
  • Hi,  thanks for replying.

I have gotten the Site Administrator to restore backup, so now I am up and running again.

But thanks for the help anyway! 

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Tuesday, July 31, 2012 11:07 AM
    Tuesday, July 31, 2012 9:41 AM