When i click in a folder to make a new document only a folder appears RRS feed

• Question

• literally what the title says im trying to replace a document and I cant seem to make one when I click on the folder. Normally I would just make one through the desktop but im trying to remove the txt. at the end of the document, and I don't know how through the desktop only through a folder please help. 

I am on windows ten by the way.

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 3:29 PM

All replies

• Please note, in some special path we can only create new folder, such as C partition root directory, User folder etc. if you want to make a new document, you could open a black document and save into target place.

On the other hand, if you want to change the extension of a document, you need to do some configurations in Folder Options View tab.

After untick Hide extensions for known file types, you could remove .txt when rename the doc.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 2:07 AM
  • Would you mind letting me know the update of the problem? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 5, 2019 7:57 AM