Approver Workflow Error in Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have an issue with a SharePoint 2010 Approval Workflow. There are two individuals in the approver list. Approver 1 clicks 'approve', which then generates an email to approver 2 -who is using Outlook 2010. When approver 2 clicks the open task button, the following error occurs:

"Outlook cannot open a new form.
    The form cannot be opened. To fix this problem, contact the form designer"

I have tried substituting approver 2 with other users, and everything has worked just fine. It's just this one particular person who is experiencing this error. This person has the exact same access rights as other users who are not experiencing this problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Thursday, July 7, 2011 9:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I am sure you have already attempted this, have you had user 2 open via WebMail or from a different desktop to eliminate an issue with his desktop user profile?? If the WF works with everyone else then it doesnt sound like SharePoint is the part that is failing

-Ivan

Ivan Sanders My LinkedIn Profile, My Blog, @iasanders.
    • Marked as answer by GuYuming Monday, July 11, 2011 7:49 AM
    Friday, July 8, 2011 6:03 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I am sure you have already attempted this, have you had user 2 open via WebMail or from a different desktop to eliminate an issue with his desktop user profile?? If the WF works with everyone else then it doesnt sound like SharePoint is the part that is failing

-Ivan

Ivan Sanders My LinkedIn Profile, My Blog, @iasanders.
    • Marked as answer by GuYuming Monday, July 11, 2011 7:49 AM
    Friday, July 8, 2011 6:03 AM
  • Yes I have, and it seems to work on other users machines. It seems to isolated to one particular person
    Monday, July 11, 2011 7:58 PM