none
Replacing Slow Boundaries in CM 1610

Question

• I am planning out an upgrade of CM1606 to CM1610.

My question is related around slow boundaries.

We use sites and services for most of our boundaries but in a couple of these we have an IP Address range that is inside of one of these site boundaries configured as a slow boundary. This means the clients in this range are treated as slow network.

With CM 1610 these are gone and I cant find how to recreate this restriction again.

I am looking for a way to identify an IP Range in a large site (VPN connections) to prevent them from downloading everything assigned to them until they are back in the office. We only allow specific deployment to go out over the VPN.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Ken

Ken Ellis Computershare Systems Management Engineer 11 Year working with SMS/SCCM

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 12:33 AM

All replies

• Just don't allow fallback for those "slow" IP range.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 8:29 AM
  • Thanks Torsten for looking at this.

The problem is the range is already in the sites and services boundary and was in essence a crossed boundary pointing to the same MP and DP.

Question would then be if the IP Range is in to boundaries, one assigned to a DP and one not and not allowing fallback would this still work?

Ken Ellis Computershare Systems Management Engineer 11 Year working with SMS/SCCM

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 10:04 PM
  • Remove those VPN IP boundaries from any boundary groups associated with DPs and don't allow  content fallback.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 23, 2017 1:01 PM
  • Thanks Frank,

Problem is the IP Range is part of an "Active Directory Site and Services" Site.

Removing this from my boundaries to be able to disassociate the VPN from a DP mean I would have to create over 100  IP ranges to replace this boundary and would have to be continuously check for new or change subnets in our network.

Also making the VPN not associate with a DP directly or through Fallback means I cant update these machines.

To put another problem in this fallback is restricted in the environment to prevent client talking over the WANs. Each physical site has its own MP, DP and SUP to prevent WAN flooding.

Thursday, March 23, 2017 9:18 PM
  • Just a couple of ideas:

Create a new AD site and add the VPN subnet. (unless you already have a VPN site)

Create a new AD site Boundary in SCCM.

Create a new DP that only has the content you want the VPN clients to get.

Create a new Boundary Group with that AD site boundary and the new DP. Don't specify any relationships.

Friday, March 24, 2017 3:26 AM