My Windows are freaking out RRS feed

• Question

• I don't know what is happening, but my desktop is slowly twisting and turning out of shape, and Internet Explorer looks like it has lost aLL Sense of reality sometimes.

I have noticed that it gets most of its webpages for domains which do not have "www" in the front. It didn't use to do that, but now it does. So I am wondering if it have been loading bad stuff.

Any ideas?

Terry O'Brien
    Fairfield, California

Monday, August 30, 2010 5:02 PM

Answers

• Hi Terry,

When did this issue begin? Can you associate with any software\hardware change?

In case this issue is due to conflict with third party software, please prepare clean boot to troubleshoot first.

Clean Boot prevents software conflicts by preventing the startup items and non Microsoft services from loading. This way you can safely follow the process of elimination to check which application is causing this behavior.

Refer:
    How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
    Note: Ensure that you put your computer back to normal startup mode after completing the troubleshooting steps. Steps are available in the article given above.

From your description, it did sound that you need to perform a virus scan to make sure no virus infection. Please try system restore first. If it does not work, please boot into Safe Mode, disable system restore point, and launch your antivirus software to perform a full disk scan. I would suggest install Microsoft Security Essentials if no antivirus software is running.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, September 1, 2010 10:01 AM