none
In environment 2 DC server in Failover clustering(Active/Passive) and 1DR server standalone in 2017 Sql server, I want to mirroring in DC - DR RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

In environment  2 DC server in  Failover clustering(Active/Passive)  and 1DR server standalone  in 2017 Sql server, I want to mirroring in DC - DR .Is it possible to mirroring??

Please suggest me

Thanks

ajitkumar

ajitkumar

Friday, August 23, 2019 6:22 AM

All replies

• Hi ajitkumar,

>> Is it possible to mirroring??

Yes, mirroring has been deprecated with SQL 2012 and may be removed in future versions. There may not have been any updates to this feature since 2012. Basically, it's syncing of DR with DC by sending the transaction log records from the primary (DC) i.e. data synchronization happens via the network. Please refer to DC-DR Replication to get more information.

Best regards,
    Cathy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, August 26, 2019 8:33 AM
  • hi cath,

Any document you have dc to dr mirroring

Please provide me.

Thanks

Ajit

ajitkumar

Monday, August 26, 2019 9:51 AM
  • hi cath,

Any document you have dc to dr mirroring

Please provide me.

Thanks

Ajit

ajitkumar

Hi ajitkumar,

Please refer to An overview of High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions available for SQL Server.

In addition, please follow steps from The basic steps for creating a database mirroring session.

Best regards,
    Cathy 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 1:25 AM
  • hi ,

According to my issues ..In dc server(active will down & passive will up as active) -- how to choose Mirror when failover is going on. between DC to DR.

could you cleared

hope you are understand my pain

thanks

ajit

ajitkumar

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 10:38 AM
  • Hi ajit,

Please refer to Database Mirroring and SQL Server Failover Cluster Instances

Best regards,
    Cathy 

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, August 29, 2019 8:50 AM
  • hi cathy,

Thanks for the support, Cloud you please help me for mirror monitor?

& how to access mirror database because this is not accessible now?

ajitkumar

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 6:25 AM