Forefront Client Security Application Initialization Error 0x800700005. Access Denied RRS feed

• Question

• I receive this error after installation on a Windows 2003 Standard Edition Server with SP2.  The error happens evertime I login. I have found this issue with regard to non-administrative accts accessing a Win2k Server.

Forefront Client Security Application Initialization Error 0x800700005. Access Denied

Any help is appreciated.
    Friday, June 27, 2008 6:47 PM

All replies

• Does this happen via a RDP session as well?  If so you could possibly run a console session and run process monitor logging everything then login via RDP and reproduce the error.  Then check process monitor to see if you have any results containing "access denied" that may be able to point you to some permissions errors on registry locations or files.
    CSS Security Support Engineer (FCS/MBSA/WUA/Incident Response)
    Monday, June 30, 2008 9:22 PM
  • Yes I receive the error when useing RDP. I have logged in with every account available, domain admin, local admin, all with the same results. I have not  setup process monitoring or logging before so any direction on the best way to do this would be apppreciated.
    Thursday, July 17, 2008 10:59 PM