none
How can I create a public folder with a moderator rule in Exchange 2013?

Question

• I've recently migrated from an Exchange 2007 server to Exchange 2013. I previously had several public folder calendars that were created way back during the Exchange 2003 days. These public folders were set up with a couple moderators. So if someone tried to schedule an event on the calendar, and email would get sent to one of the moderators for approval before it was published for everyone to see.

I can't seem to figure out how to do that with 2013?  Is there another way to handle this now?

Nate

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 7:59 PM

All replies

• I've recently migrated from an Exchange 2007 server to Exchange 2013. I previously had several public folder calendars that were created way back during the Exchange 2003 days. These public folders were set up with a couple moderators. So if someone tried to schedule an event on the calendar, and email would get sent to one of the moderators for approval before it was published for everyone to see.

I can't seem to figure out how to do that with 2013?  Is there another way to handle this now?

Nate

Don't use public folders for this, create resource calendars.

http://practical365.com/exchange-server/exchange-server-2013-room-equipment-mailboxes/

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 9:46 PM
  • Hi,

To configure moderators for public folder in Exchange 2013, this public folder must be mail-enabled first. Then use the following command to configure.

Set-MailPublicFolder FolderName -ModeratedBy User1@domain.com -ModerationEnabled $True

But it doesn't work for booking meetings in public folder. Moderators will not receive meeting request for approval. Because The ModeratedBy parameter specifies the users who are responsible for moderating the messages sent to the mail-enabled public folder, not items created in mail public folders. So use Room Mailbox instead.

Best Regards,

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 2, 2017 10:04 AM