none
DPM2010 and Protection Groups RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I’m currently evaluating DPM2010, and have run into a problem with protection groups. I have data which resides on the e:\ drive on a file server. The drive contains two shares, one user and one group level. Is it possible to create two protection groups from the same server with data from the same drive? In principle I’m looking for one group to protect the user information with synchronisation every 60mins and multiple recovery points, and the other group to synchronise just before the recovery point on a once daily basis.

I’ve created on protection group for one of the shares by selecting the share name and configuring as per my requirements, when I try and create another protection group for the unprotected share, it is unavailable for selection.

Please note I’m running DPM2010 evaluation.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 10:17 AM

Answers

• Unfortunately there is no provision for this using DPM. The only work-around that might be possible is to seperate the two shares into two different volumes and protect them.

Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, June 22, 2010 11:53 AM

All replies

• Unfortunately there is no provision for this using DPM. The only work-around that might be possible is to seperate the two shares into two different volumes and protect them.

Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, June 22, 2010 11:53 AM
  • Thanks, I'm sure I'll have a few more q's as testing progresses.
    Thursday, June 24, 2010 9:53 AM