none
COM+ Applications-property panel-advanced settings-permission tab not editable, in other words in greyed-out RRS feed

• Question

• hi everyone,

I cannot edit the properties pannel for 'Application system' (named: COMSysApp) in COM+ Application folder, in Local computer, in Components services.
    My OS is a WIN 7 Home premium Service pack 1, 64 bit .

-My question is how to make editable this pannel.-

In other words, most of tabs for thise pannel are shown in greyed-out.
    COM+ applications are vital for the security of all system, so I need to manage those.

Could you show me how resolve this issue, by Services component tool and with Regedit?
    I'm the administrator of Pc and I run all administrative tools as Administrator.

Is it possible the solution is about user priviliges, maybe in Regedit or what else?

I need to manage ALL services on my PC for security.

(Moreover, I tried to close manually, by Win firewall, the ports for the services in grey out, but it's impossible to do. Seems the firewall rules are ineffecctive. On network monitor, indeed, in the section of listening port, on descriprion appears something like that: impossible to firwalled it.

I'm quitly worried about this.

I read somewhere, the solution it could be running as System in my Pc but for Home Edition I cannot understand how to do that.)

Any idea?

Thanks
    Lv A1

Monday, January 29, 2018 5:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

How did you want to manage the system services? It may give another way to deal with the issue.

Please boot into safe mode with administrator account to see if it can work.

Here are steps to enter safe mode.

1. Just before the Windows 7 splash screen shown above appears, press the F8 key to enter Advanced Boot Options.

2. Using the arrow keys on your keyboard, highlight the Safe Mode and press Enter.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Vera Hu Wednesday, January 31, 2018 7:27 AM
    Tuesday, January 30, 2018 6:29 AM
  •  

Hi, 

How’s everything going? Please feel free to give me any update.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 7:27 AM
  • Hi, 

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 9:44 AM