none
High Memory Consumption in SCOM Management Server

Question

• Hello All,

How to diagnose the high memory consumption in SCOM Management server ? It is seen to be above 95% everyday which has affected the response time of the server as well, eventually affecting the web console's performance . Only one management server is deployed. 

Please help me understand the nature of activities that might lead to high memory consumption in the management server .

Regards,

Pushpa Khatei

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 2:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Pushpa,

First off, do you have the SCOM database & datawarehouse locally installed? 

If they are locally installed check the SQL Server memory configuration, by default it will consume all memory the server has to offer.

Kind regards,
    Leon

Don't forget to visit my blog The System Center Blog

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 2:33 PM
  • Hello Leon,

The SCOM DB and datawarehouse are not locally installed, they are on a separate VM.

Regards

Khatei

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 2:41 PM
  • How much memory does your SCOM management server have? And how big is your SCOM environment?

Have you checked in the Task Manager which process is consuming the memory?

Kind regards,
    Leon

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 2:44 PM
  • Ok, What version of SCOM are you running? And do you have any RollUps installed? Kind regards, Leon

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 3:21 PM
  • Hi Pushpa,

As i have read you have only one MS means all the agents are reporting on it. So when all the agents are reporting on it and every monitoring is going happening on it/using it so first i just need some information from your side because directly suggesting you a link to fix this and saying that you can override this monitor and increase the value this will not fix the problem.   

• what SCOM version and UR you are using?
    • How many windows and Linux servers are under monitoring?
    •  any network device?
    • is agent-less monitoring going on?
    • Total Memory allocated to SCOM MS?

And as a workaround what you can do is if healthservice is taking high memory on server and this (server) was UP more than 250 days then reboot might help 

And before doing reboot you can also do this , stop all the 3 service on MS and delete the health folder on MS and start the service again. 

Cheers, Gourav Please remember to mark the replies as answers if it helped.

• Edited by GouravIN Tuesday, May 08, 2018 3:49 PM
    Tuesday, May 08, 2018 3:45 PM
  • Hi Pushpa,

What is the process that is taking the memory? What's your current heartbeat setting?

Cheers

Sam (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" wherever applicable. Thanks!)

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 6:05 PM
  • SCOM 2016. No update rollups are installed so far.
    Thursday, May 17, 2018 9:39 AM
  • hmmmm.....

As a quick suggestion then i recommend you should apply at least UR4.

Follow this procedure to perform the activity on it.

Cheers, Gourav Please remember to mark the replies as answers if it helped.

Thursday, May 17, 2018 10:14 AM