none
Project Server 2010, Visio Premiun 2010. Trying to use Visio Web Access to display a VDW file but error "There are no addresses available for this application" RRS feed

• Question

• I have gotten past the "Visio Web Access is not available on this site" message. When I try to open the vdw file, I get the Open in Visio option, Refresh and in the middle of the screen header, a box titled Visio Web Access which has a drop down arrow but nothing in the drop down.   And the error " There are no addesses available for this application".  I have spent the afternoon trying to research the internet for a solution but so far....
    Thursday, April 25, 2013 9:01 PM

Answers

• The next thing would be to check the ULS logs on the SharePoint application server (\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\LOGS) and see if there are any Visio or Visio Services errors. The easiest thing to do would be to reproduce the error, note the time, and then look for an error with a timestamp in that range.

Wednesday, May 1, 2013 7:18 PM

All replies

• This error can occur if Visio Services is not configured correctly or if the Visio Graphics Service is not running on the farm. See Create a Visio Graphics Service service application (SharePoint Server 2010) for information on setting up Visio Services, and also check Services on Server in Central Administration to be sure that the Visio Graphics Service is running on at least one application server in the farm.
    Friday, April 26, 2013 7:10 PM
  • I will have the Server folks double check but ..I thought they had done this after my initial error the Visio Web app is not available.

They even double checked that the service was running.

Do you know if the servers need to be bounced for these settings to take effect? I have done a restart and cache clearing on the client but does the SQL server and SharePoint server need to be bounced?

Friday, April 26, 2013 7:23 PM
  • I've occasionally needed to restart the SharePoint servers to get a new configuration to take effect, though usually it's not necessary. If the settings all look correct, it might be worth a reboot just to make sure.

Friday, April 26, 2013 7:49 PM
  • All servers involved have been rebooted. BUT still getting the error that "There are no addesses available for this application" The application admin staff have indicated that all is according to the various installations etc notes that I have passed along to them. Any other suggestions. I can connect to visio to edit the vdw file but the browser does not want to work. Not sure if it could be any browser options?? I am using IE 9.  I know that sometimes using different browsers can cause some issues with Excel but ..
    Tuesday, April 30, 2013 12:54 PM
  • The next thing would be to check the ULS logs on the SharePoint application server (\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\LOGS) and see if there are any Visio or Visio Services errors. The easiest thing to do would be to reproduce the error, note the time, and then look for an error with a timestamp in that range.

Wednesday, May 1, 2013 7:18 PM
  • I was going to do a controlled open of a VDW file in the browser so we could check the log however, lo and behold it finally worked! I know that I tried the process after a reboot of the server and manual start of the service and got the error. I think another restart was done as the result of MS updates. Our Server group had done a confirmation of all of the steps to add the service (it was not initially installed) so who  knows. Thanks for your assistance.
    Friday, May 3, 2013 1:16 PM