Web Server Security RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm going to deploy a new server for IIS and FTP services.

Now my concern is about the security on this server. This server will be isolated in DMZ network zone.

Should I join this server into domain? Because the internal users need to access this IIS service for e-Leave application.

regards,

Sean

Sean

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 6:12 AM

Answers

• Hi,

this is the Lync Server forum. Please ask this question in general forum.

Fuerther note, if you plan to have the server DMZ, just add the domain suffix to the host name and make sure that you have routing from internal network to the DMZ.

Thamara. MCTS, MCITP Ent Admin, Specialized in U.C Voice OCS 2007 R2 Z-Hire -- Automate IT Account creation process ( AD / Exchange / Lync )

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 1:09 PM
  • Hi,

IIS web server and FTP server are not recommended to join the company domain in the DMZ network zone.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 4:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

this is the Lync Server forum. Please ask this question in general forum.

Fuerther note, if you plan to have the server DMZ, just add the domain suffix to the host name and make sure that you have routing from internal network to the DMZ.

Thamara. MCTS, MCITP Ent Admin, Specialized in U.C Voice OCS 2007 R2 Z-Hire -- Automate IT Account creation process ( AD / Exchange / Lync )

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 1:09 PM
  • Hi,

IIS web server and FTP server are not recommended to join the company domain in the DMZ network zone.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 4:59 AM