Old Dial-In PSTN Conference access numbers still exist in Skype for Business Configuration - how to remove/edit? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have a simple Skype for Business 2015 deployment that had some old PSTN dial in access numbers assigned. Over the course of time, options have been enabled and disabled and now it appears as if the Dial-in access numbers are stuck in the configuration, yet there is nothing visible in the Control Panel (Conferencing -> Dial-in Access Number), nor is anything returned when using

Get-CsDialInConferencingAccessNumber.

In "Meet Now", the old dial-in number shows, and clicking the link "Find a local number", all the old dial in access numbers show.

I have scoured the configuration but could find no other obvious place where these might be stored, 

How can I remove these completely, or simply edit them manually? 

Chris

• Edited by Swinster Tuesday, March 12, 2019 3:37 PM
    Tuesday, March 12, 2019 12:18 PM

Answers

• Hi Chris,

Please try to run the following command on the existing conference dailin entry, then check this issue again: 
    Set-CsDialInConferencingAccessNumber –Identity <Existing Dialing Conf> –ScopeToSite

I have done some research, you could refer to the similar issue about this. 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Monday, March 18, 2019 3:16 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Swinster Monday, March 18, 2019 3:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by Swinster Thursday, March 21, 2019 1:12 PM
    Thursday, March 14, 2019 9:18 AM
  • Ok, there are some caveats that need to be mentioned here

As previously mentioned, there was no Dial In Access Number in the Control Panel nor shown via 

Get-CsDialInConferencingAccessNumber

In order the run the 

Set-CsDialInConferencingAccessNumber –Identity <Existing Dialing Conf> –ScopeToSite

command, I first had to create a new Dial In Access number, via the Control Panel (and in my case, re add a Region back to the "Voice Routing -> Dila Plan -> Global" rule).

Now I could run the above command, where <Existing Dialing Conf> is the SIP URI of the number you have just created (e.g. "sip:1234@example.com").

Then wait for the Management Store to replicate (which of course I didn't do initially)....

After which, you should now see the new dial-in access number only, and the zombie number(s) hopefully have gone. 

Chris

• Edited by Swinster Monday, March 18, 2019 3:43 PM
    • Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Tuesday, March 19, 2019 6:06 AM
    Monday, March 18, 2019 3:38 PM

All replies

• Hi Chris,

You could delete the dial-in conferencing access number by using SFB Server Control Panel or Management Shell. Details about this you could refer to the following official document: Manage dial-in conferencing access numbers in Skype for Business Server.  

For this issue, according to your description, you have checked in the SFB Control Panel and used command to check, the results all show the access numbers have been deleted. Based on the information above, you have done the settings in the SFB Server side and also show fine, I suggest you could try to check this in the SFB client side. You could try to delete the cache files in the PC as below:
    1. SFB client cache file: %Userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\sip_XXXXX
    2. SFB Registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\sip_XXXXX
    In addition, please check the version of your SFB client, please also try to update the SFB client to the latest version. 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 5:58 AM
  • Hi Evan,

This is not client side, it is server side. As mentioned, there is nothing in the Control Panel, and nothing is returned from the PowerShell CmdLet, but as also mentioned, not only does a dial-in number appear in the "Meeting Entry info" when clicking the link in the SfB client, but also when you click the link "Find My Local Number", which directs through to the "dialin" URL, which is ultimately proxied through to the FEP. Indeed, I then see multiple dial in numbers, none of which are shown in the normal server places mentioned in that article. 

This was the reason for this post as I am stuck after review most of the normal documentation.

However, just out of respect, it did delete the key and folder. Of course, nothing happen. Sorry. 

Chris

Thursday, March 14, 2019 12:20 AM
  • Hi Chris,

Please try to run the following command on the existing conference dailin entry, then check this issue again: 

I have done some research, you could refer to the similar issue about this. 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Monday, March 18, 2019 3:16 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Swinster Monday, March 18, 2019 3:16 PM
    Thursday, March 14, 2019 9:18 AM
  • Ok, there are some caveats that need to be mentioned here

As previously mentioned, there was no Dial In Access Number in the Control Panel nor shown via 

Get-CsDialInConferencingAccessNumber

In order the run the 

command, I first had to create a new Dial In Access number, via the Control Panel (and in my case, re add a Region back to the "Voice Routing -> Dila Plan -> Global" rule).

Now I could run the above command, where <Existing Dialing Conf> is the SIP URI of the number you have just created (e.g. "sip:1234@example.com").

Then wait for the Management Store to replicate (which of course I didn't do initially)....

After which, you should now see the new dial-in access number only, and the zombie number(s) hopefully have gone. 

Chris

• Edited by Swinster Monday, March 18, 2019 3:43 PM
    • Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Tuesday, March 19, 2019 6:06 AM
    Monday, March 18, 2019 3:38 PM
  • Hi Chris,

Thanks for your sharing, we are glad to see your issue has been fixed. In addition, you could mark your reply as answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Tuesday, March 19, 2019 6:07 AM
  • Hi Chris,

Do you have any further issue on this topic?
    If there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Thursday, March 21, 2019 7:30 AM
  • All done, thanks for your input Evan. 

Chris

Thursday, March 21, 2019 1:13 PM