Outlook 2013 stuck in 'loading profile' RRS feed

• Question

• I have exchange 2016 and outlook 2013 as client. One user outlook 2013 stuck in 'loading profile' for a long time, then a message showing "Can't open all folders...". I searched on internet and did everything possible, it still not working. 

I deleted/recreated profile;run outlook /safe; run outlook /resetnavpane; checked compatibility;run as administrator; repaired mailbox; moved mailbox to a different server ...etc. None of it worked.

The user can open the mailbox through OWA and Phone emails work fine. 

What could be the problem? Is it possible the user's outlook was connected some pst file and the pst file prevents outlook from loading? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Monday, July 30, 2018 10:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Does this issue happen to this specific client?

Would you mind sharing the detailed error message here for further research?

We could try temporarily closing anti-virus software on this computer to see the results.

In case this issue was caused by software conflicts, please try performing a clean boot in Windows to check the result.

Any updates, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 1:52 AM
  • Yes, it only happens to this client. The client is in citrix vdi. No anti-virus installed. The user profile is redirect to a file server. I have deleted vitrix profile/outlook profile. But no help. Clean reboot won't work because of VDI. Other people use same VDI image and don't have this issue. 

The error is :

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 5:54 PM
  • Hi,

Please try to delete the Outlook 2013 profile via registry, then test again:

Path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Profiles

Just delete the entire Profiles key, re-launch Outlook 2013, and configure your account again.

(Important Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.

Please refer to this article about how to back up and restore the registry in Windows)

What’s the detailed version of Outlook 2013? We could install available updates to see if there will be any improvements.

If the suggestions above don’t help, please open the Event Viewer and look at the Application Log for any error events that are registered by Outlook or happened at the time that you tried to open Outlook. Paste this error message here for further research.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, August 3, 2018 6:00 AM
    Wednesday, August 1, 2018 7:08 AM
  • I delete the Outlook 2013 profile via registry:

Path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Profiles

It didn't work. same error.

Friday, August 3, 2018 5:24 PM