none
How can I delete an individual timesheet? RRS feed

• Question

• In EPM 2010, we have a few timesheets with the status "Error". We have solved the underlying problem that caused the error and we were able to resubmit most of the timesheets with the error-status.

However, we have one user (so far) who is unable to either withdraw or delete his timesheet: the delete-option is greyed out and the withdraw-option doesn't finish but results in an "Error on page" in the browser (IE8). The accompanying error message is:

Object required
    Spin.htc
    Code: 0
    URI: [EPM-url]/_layouts/inc/pwa/library/Spin.htc

How can we delete these timesheets? On the database?

Monday, January 28, 2013 9:03 AM

Answers

• Hi Richard,

Unfortunately , you won't be able access user's timesheet as admin, you need to use delegation feature which is same as logging as a user.  However in this scenario will still experience same issue with specific timesheet.

Did you verify whether specific timesheet period is closed or open? If timesheet period is closed user wont be able to recall the timesheet

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Richard T Friday, February 8, 2013 11:00 AM
    Friday, February 1, 2013 8:06 PM

All replies

• Dose this happen to other users? Do you have javas script blocked on the browser?
    The Spin.htc mentioned in the error message has XML data that holds jscript to listen to the server queue for the job status.

Ali Al . Consultant & IT Manager.
    epma
    FB TW IN

Monday, January 28, 2013 7:52 PM
  • Hello Richard,

Do you have timesheet UID for orphan timesheet?

Execute following SELECT query with Reporting and Published database to find out

SELECT     MTR.ResourceName, MTP.PeriodName, MT.TimesheetUID
    FROM         dbo.MSP_Timesheet AS MT INNER JOIN
                         dbo.MSP_TimesheetPeriod AS MTP ON MT.PeriodUID = MTP.PeriodUID INNER JOIN
                         dbo.MSP_TimesheetResource AS MTR ON MT.OwnerResourceNameUID = MTR.ResourceNameUID WHERE MT.TimesheetUID NOT IN  (SELECT TS_UID  FROM ProjectServer_PUBLISHED.DBO.MSP_TIMESHEETS) 

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:38 AM
  • Hi Ali-Al, this was the only user who reported this error message. I'll have him check his browser settings, thank you for the information.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:56 AM
  • I cannot query the database, I only have access to the server settings.

By now, several users report that they cannot withdraw and/or resubmit these "broken" timesheets. As January is drawing to a close, we need to look at closing the time reporting periods this week, so I'd really like to get rid of these faulty timesheets so users can submit new ones.

I can work with the DBA to delete the timesheets but I need to know how to do that. They don't - we just went live on Jan. 1st.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 8:02 AM
  • Using the above query if you are able to find timesheet UIDs I can help you with deleting orphan timesheets

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 8:12 AM
  • Hi Hrishi,

I found a guy who could run the query but it didn't return any records.

Rather than focussing on the error message. I'd like to ask a general question first: is it possible for an admin to recall and/or delete timesheets of other users?

If I go to server settings > timesheet adjustment, I can only see timesheets that have the status "Approved" and the option to recall is greyed out.

If I go to settings (on the quick launch bar) > manage timesheets, I only see my own timesheets.

So where does an admin recall and/or delete individual timesheets of other users, regardless of timesheet status?

Thursday, January 31, 2013 7:26 AM
  • Hi Richard,

Unfortunately , you won't be able access user's timesheet as admin, you need to use delegation feature which is same as logging as a user.  However in this scenario will still experience same issue with specific timesheet.

Did you verify whether specific timesheet period is closed or open? If timesheet period is closed user wont be able to recall the timesheet

Blog | < | LinkedIn

• Marked as answer by Richard T Friday, February 8, 2013 11:00 AM
    Friday, February 1, 2013 8:06 PM
  • The period is open. If I can't delete timesheets as admin, I'll just leave them be and hope for the best in the next period. Thank you for your help.

Monday, February 4, 2013 7:46 AM
  • You are welcome Richard. If you queries are address please close the thread by making appropriate response as answer.

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Thursday, February 7, 2013 6:30 PM