SharePoint Asset Inventory Toolkit / Other toolset to assess SP infrastructure RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to scan the infrastructure I recently became owner of. However I do not have any documentation available so there is a need for rough figures of the Sharepoint architecture (number of servers/sites, sitecollections, pages, lists, documents and what type and so on). Having read somthing about the Connect Beta and SharePoint Asset Inventory Toolkit that was the tool I was looking for. However I get the feeling that tool is dicontinued or there are no sources/executables any more available. If this isn't the case dows anyone know where to get this toolkit. If is isn't available anymore how does one scan and document an infrastructure?
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 7:11 PM

Answers

• Hi Arthur,

As far as I know, there is no such a tool to list all the contents of SharePoint infrastructure in a report, including number of sites/pages/lists/documents/types.

But you can use the Site Content and Structure to look the site infrastructure.

And you can also use the SharePoint Manager to look all  the SharePoint site infrastructure on list item level ( download ).

Thanks

Regards, Daniel
    Monday, October 24, 2011 9:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Arthur,

As far as I know, there is no such a tool to list all the contents of SharePoint infrastructure in a report, including number of sites/pages/lists/documents/types.

But you can use the Site Content and Structure to look the site infrastructure.

And you can also use the SharePoint Manager to look all  the SharePoint site infrastructure on list item level ( download ).

Thanks

Regards, Daniel
    Monday, October 24, 2011 9:46 AM
  • Hello Daniel,

thanks for your reply. I was already familiar with the 'site content en structure' management page. And just recently I found help from the dutch information worker user group. They also informed me about the sharepoint manager application. This week I will install it and use it for further investigation on how my sharepoint infrastructure looks like. It is a pity however no one knows the Sharepoint asset inventory toolkit.

Kind regards,

Arthur.

Monday, November 14, 2011 9:10 AM