none
Can't send emails to one particular recipient... RRS feed

• Question

• We're unable to send emails to a particular external address. The address is valid and we aren't on any blacklists; nor is our anti spam software blocking the email - I've disable the Exchange spam system and have also verfified that our other anti spam softwre (GFI) is processing the email as normal.

I've checked the Exchange Queue Viewer and the emails to this particular address are just sitting in the queue.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Delivery is delayed to these recipients or distribution lists:

(original email address here)
    Subject: Test

This message has not yet been delivered. Microsoft Exchange will continue to try delivering the message on your behalf.

Delivery of this message will be attempted until 9/2/2011 8:34:41 AM (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time : Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London. Microsoft Exchange will notify you if the message can't be delivered by that time.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 2:31 PM

Answers

• Thanks.  I actually troubleshooted this to be a problem with the recipients email system.  Have passed the issue over to them.
    • Marked as answer by BadBoyHouse Thursday, September 1, 2011 7:40 AM
    Thursday, September 1, 2011 7:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please check the following:

1. Check whether you can send emails to other users in this particular external domain.

2. Check NDR the sender receives.

3. Check whether you can receive emails from this particular external user.

4. Verify that you are getting MX records for the recipient’s domain, using nslookup from the Exchange server itself. Then attempt to connect to them on port 25 using telnet. If that fails, do a trace. It could be a routing issue. It could be that the remote side has blocked messages from your IP address for some reason.

Wait for your reply.

Thanks

Sophia Xu

Thursday, September 1, 2011 2:48 AM
  • Thanks.  I actually troubleshooted this to be a problem with the recipients email system.  Have passed the issue over to them.
    • Marked as answer by BadBoyHouse Thursday, September 1, 2011 7:40 AM
    Thursday, September 1, 2011 7:40 AM