none
Error code 0X80070216 while updating getoffice app in windows 10

Question

• I keep getting Error code 0X80070216 while updating getoffice app in windows 10. Machine has been rebooted and the last update was cancelled as it would not work.  There is now, it seems, a newer update with the same issue.  I had hoped the 'next' update might have installed ok but it was not the case.  It downloads, starting installing then goes to error and tells me something is wrong and gives the error code and a retry option - which fails again. I think I removed getoffice at some time in the past as I have the full Office version 2013 but .............. ok, I'll still post this but I've just solved it. When I checked the Office version I thought I'd check the app was shown in my listing.  It is, but I saw it had a RESET option so.... I reset it, ran the retry on the update and all is well.  So this posting is to help anyone else who finds this issue :)

Cheers

Mike

Friday, March 17, 2017 11:10 PM

All replies

• Hi Mike,

Based on my understanding, your issue was resolved via resetting Get Office app.

If it is, thanks for sharing your solution and experience here. It would be beneficial for other community members who have the similar issue.

If it's not, please correct me and tell us your real issue.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 20, 2017 5:59 AM