none
battery not charging RRS feed

• Question

• I have a very new Dell inspiron laptop (about two months) with Vista Home Premium. At first, I had no problems with it at all, but recently I've run into difficulty with mobile computing. Whenever I startup the computer, this weird message comes up (I don't have the exact words) telling me that the AC adapter is not discernable, then to start up the computer as usual, it asks that I press F1. Once I do, everything's fine, but still, the battery doesn't charge (says plugged in, not charging) and the battery light flashes red/blue. What's going on? I need to be able to use my computer mobilely, and there is simply no way my battery could be dead (the computer brand new and I use it maybe an average of ten hours a week). As far as the Ac adapter, I don't get that either. It's the plug that came with the computer and it worked for quite  awhile before any issue came up. Any naswers would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Saturday, August 23, 2008 2:08 PM

Answers

• According to my experience, the issue should be caused by the poor contact between the AC adapter and your laptop. You should contact Dell manufacturer to change either AC adapter or battery. Good Luck!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 11:00 AM

All replies