Can't debug app in development fabric RRS feed

• Question

• When I click the play button in VS 2010 it compiles, starts up development fabric, pops up an IE window, then VS throws an error "Exception of type 'System.ExecutionEngineException' was thrown."

A break point fires on

return base.OnStart();
    a break point on 
    protected void Application_Start() does not get fired. 
    When I click on the continue button to the above error I then get a visual studio jit debugger message "An unhandled Microsoft.Net framework exception occured in w3wp.exe 
    I click no to the debug option but I get the propmt over and over again
    I then get a javascript error. It doesn't appear to be loading the script files
    I hit continue and eventually see my page. If I click a link I then get more jit errors.
    The event log shows these errors:

Description: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 000007FEEA2DB6A3 (000007FEEA2D0000) with exit code 80131506.

Faulting application name: w3wp.exe, version: 7.5.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bd0eb

Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.0.30319.1, time stamp: 0x4ba21eeb

Exception code: 0xc0000005

none of my program specific code appears to be run before an error occurs. If I create a new azure project from scratch it runs fine.

I'm using azure 1.3 and am not able to run the site in development fabric at all.

On another machine I'm using 1.2 and the behavior is sporadic. About 30% of the time the site runs fine with no problems. When it does have problems, the site just stops responding after the initial load. Publishing to the cloud the site runs fine.

Environment:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    .Net Framework 4
    ASP.Net MVC
    Azure 1.3
    VS 2010 Ultimate

Any help would be appreciated.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010 11:28 PM

Answers

• Hi YankInMelb,

Do you encounter the problem after upgrading azure sdk to 1.3? There is a change that webrole runs in IIS instead of HWC now. This changes may possibily break your previous cloud app in dev fabric environment.

To reverse back to use HWC to host webrole, you may open the .csdef file, just remove the <sites> section. See if it could solve the problem.

Thanks,

Please mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Visit Microsoft All-In-One Code Framework to download or request code samples from Microsoft!
    • Marked as answer by Mog Liang Wednesday, December 15, 2010 9:11 AM
    Wednesday, December 8, 2010 6:02 AM