Need manage forefront differently RRS feed

• Question

• Here is the situation. Right now we deploy forefront using MOM (with a group policy from forefront client security console)  and managing it with MOM. My IT manager has requested to stop using mom and to uninstall the MOM agent from the machines that have it. I installed forefront without MOM on a machine to see if I can manage that machine just using forefront client security console and when I try to scan that specific machine it tells me the MOM agent isn't installed. What would be the best way to deploy it , how can I manage forefront without mom and is there a way I can manage forefront on the machines that have it installed once I remove the MOM agent from them?
    Wednesday, January 7, 2009 6:13 PM

Answers

• Hi!

There is a really simple answer to this question. No :-). MOM and the mom agent is a core component in managing FCS.

/Johan
    MCSE, forefront spec | www.msforefront.com
    • Marked as answer by power24 Tuesday, January 13, 2009 3:22 PM
    Friday, January 9, 2009 4:22 PM

All replies

• Hi!

There is a really simple answer to this question. No :-). MOM and the mom agent is a core component in managing FCS.

/Johan
    MCSE, forefront spec | www.msforefront.com
    • Marked as answer by power24 Tuesday, January 13, 2009 3:22 PM
    Friday, January 9, 2009 4:22 PM
  • Why does your IT manager not want to use MOM?? Like the previous poster said, the whole concept of FCS is based on it!
    Friday, January 9, 2009 4:43 PM
  • Ok I got another question. We are doing a standard image for our company. About 50 computers which the hardware is all the same. I included the mom agentt and forefront. I image the hardrives and jsut change the computer names. Is there a way to add just the new computer name to MOM adminstrator console and manage forefront with that mom agent? I tried it but I cant get it to work. It only shows up in unmanaged computers.
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 3:26 PM
  • after reading this post he's using it now
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 3:27 PM