none
Link Project Tasks to Another SharePoint Task List RRS feed

• Question

• Something happened and all of our projects relinked tasks to different task list.

I want to relink them back to right task lists (within project site) and resync its tasks.

How and where to relink task list?

How to launch resync tasks? Export from project db to SP Task Lists.

Friday, March 11, 2016 10:58 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Go to PWA server settings and then connected SharePoint sites. Check for the sync'd task list name and sync it from there.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Friday, March 11, 2016 11:35 AM
  • do you mean /_layouts/15/pwa/Admin/ManageWSS.aspx

?

There is no way to change list, only to see it

Friday, March 11, 2016 11:56 AM
  • i think there is no way to point out a specific task list, it just takes first task list (alphabetically)...
    Friday, March 11, 2016 12:04 PM
  • Exactly, Project will sync the task with the first task list it will find in alphabetical order in the project site. So just rename the given task list so it appears first, and then publish the project, it will resync the task with the list.

Hope this helps,

Friday, March 11, 2016 3:11 PM
  • so this far, i made a batch delete of secondary task lists (which became first alphabetically)

as a result about 30 % of projects in /_layouts/15/pwa/Admin/ManageWSS.aspx changed linked task list to the OOB /lists/Task

But 70 % of projects now have no linked task list at all... Every project site contains /list/Task list.

Why didnt all projects linked? And how do i link them now?

I tried sync of unlinked project, but tasks didnt sync.

Monday, March 14, 2016 8:30 AM
  • Hi,

Please ensure that the following parameter to sync project with task list is selected:

Then try to publish the project from Project Pro and PWA to force the sync process.

Hope this helps,

Monday, March 14, 2016 8:59 AM
  • I dont have this Settings button on my /PWA/_layouts/15/PWA/Admin/ManageWSS.aspx?PageIndex=0

Project 2013 here.

Friday, April 8, 2016 12:04 PM